Commercial Real Estate Financing and Loan Structuring
Speak with a trusted real estate attorneys in Cherokee County, Georgia.
Real Estate Financing Tips for Current and Potential Business Owners
Exploring commercial real estate financing and loan structuring? Rely on Perigon Legal Services for clear guidance and support. Give us a call for more information.
A solid grasp of financing options and commercial loans is crucial for businesses and business owners. Commercial real estate loans differ significantly from conventional residential loans. The money on the line is simply too big for commercial banks and other lenders to take significant risks with.
Commercial real estate loan structuring is an important aspect to consider, as it influences the terms and conditions of the loan. This article discusses the types of commercial real estate loans available in the market, how loan restructuring works, what interest rates are, and the loan terms available.
Working with real estate attorneys could help you understand real estate financing options better. Here in Atlanta, Georgia, look no further than Perigon Legal Services. We provide personalized real estate solutions.
Understanding Commercial Real Estate Financing
A basic understanding of the available commercial property financing options is vital in determining the optimal choice. Commercial property loans can be used to buy a property or build it. These loans usually have loan-to-value ratios of 65% to 85%.
The following factors are considered in loan structuring:
- Loan Purpose: Clearly define the purpose of the loan. Are you acquiring, refinancing, or developing a property? Understanding your objectives helps tailor the loan structure to meet your unique goals.
- Loan Amount and Terms: Determine the amount you need and the timeframe for repayment. We’ll work together to negotiate favorable terms, such as interest rates, amortization schedules, and any balloon payments, to create a repayment plan that suits your financial capabilities.
- Loan-to-Value (LTV) Ratio: The LTV ratio compares the loan amount to the purchase price or appraised value of the property. Lenders assess risk based on this ratio, so we’ll strategize to present a favorable LTV that enhances your chances of approval.
- Collateral: Identify the collateral securing the loan. This could be the property itself or additional assets. Understanding the collateral requirements is crucial, and we’ll work to protect your interests while satisfying the lender’s criteria.
- Loan Covenants: Loan agreements often come with covenants outlining certain conditions you must meet during the loan term. We’ll review these carefully, ensuring they are reasonable and feasible for your business operations.
- Interest Rates: Discuss the types of interest rates available – fixed, variable, or a combination. We’ll explore the pros and cons of each, considering your risk tolerance and market conditions.
- Loan Repayment Structure: Determine the repayment structure that suits your cash flow, whether it’s a traditional monthly payment, interest-only periods, or customized options.
- Prepayment Options: Examine prepayment options, as they can impact your ability to pay off the loan early. We’ll ensure the terms provide flexibility while minimizing potential penalties.
- The debt-service coverage ratio (DSCR) is another metric that commercial lenders consider. The DSCR assesses a property’s capacity to repay debt by comparing its yearly net operating income (NOI) to its yearly mortgage debt service (principal and interest included). It is computed by dividing the annual mortgage debt service by the NOI.
A borrower’s balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement are among the financial documents that lenders will carefully review. Lenders can better understand the company’s financial situation and loan repayment capacity using this analysis.
Still, unforeseen events can affect the borrower’s ability to pay. In this case, lenders can seek loan modification to prevent costly foreclosures and defaults.
Legal Considerations in Loan Structuring
Navigating Interest Rates and Terms
Contact Perigon Legal Services for your Commercial Real Estate Financing Needs
Schedule a Free Consultation
Use the form below to tell us about your legal inquiry, and we’ll call you back to schedule an appointment. Please be as detailed as possible. You may also email or call us to make an appointment. Our general response time is one business day.
* Please do not include confidential or sensitive information in your message. In the event that we are representing a party with opposing interests to your own, we may have a duty to disclose any information you provide to our client. *